Oh Soul, you got this!
In a post on Facebook, a friend shared how a thought he had written for a main character in his book series, a thought written 14 years ago, when revisited recently provided insight he needed to be reminded of, I posted the following incredibly long comment (better suited for a blog format, hence the post).
But ... But ... Just as I conveyed to him, my soul is equipped with what I need to heal it. I've been struggling in several areas lately and it's been affecting the peace inside my soul and I've allowed it to penetrate into my both professional and personal relationships. I've allowed a negative ripple in my soul to not only ripple through myself, but also through the soul of others. He needed to hear what I had to say in response, and I needed to assemble it in writing because that is one of the most honest ways I communicate with my soul (and I'm not alone in that). I needed to write this, to remember this, to feel this and release the things that are weighing me down and radiate love and positivity to myself and every soul I encounter. Maybe you needed to read it today too:
**********************
It makes perfect sense. As the kind of writers we are, and the type of personality we have (essentially being empaths), we feel deeply, think constantly, and are consistently both at war and at peace with the thoughts in our minds.
Our characters are only as complex as we are capable of being. Their emotions are only as deep as we personally are capable of feeling. Their intelligence is only based on our capability to be intelligent and grow and learn. All the things our characters experience, from good to bad to mundane to traumatizing are limited to what we have not only been through, but are capable of imagining and feeling so deeply that it's as if you experienced it yourself and are recollecting a memory!
That's how we can write about those things. Because we can feel them, we know how to string words and letters together in a way that flows so fluidly that the reader feels the story as if they're watching a dream, not simply viewing words for comprehension.
Our soul, our bodies were designed to survive - not just physically or environmentally, but mentally and spiritually as well. Just as we are each so unique and individualistic that we chose/choose the religion or beliefs that speak honestly to our soul, we chose/choose to write the stories and characters based on the myriad of capable emotions and imaganitive possibilities we possess.
So when we spin a tale in whatever fashion we chose/choose and our fictitious hero overcomes whatever was haunting their soul, we're unlocking the answers we keep hidden inside us. We know the answer to every single mental struggle we suffer with. Very little that we hear or experience is new knowledge at this point in our lives. They're simply reminders of things we've forgotten. We go back and read things from times we wrote as our minds were struggling and we realize we knew the answer very long ago, we just forgot. We let the world bring us down and brainwash us into believing we weren't worthy enough to be loved. Or we write today and assemble all the many bits and pieces of information that remind us to essentially rise above all the things attempting to beat us down. Our passion is both our strength and downfall. Through our writing and our complex thought process (and propensity to over think which is both positive and negative), we discover the way to heal our soul. If we allow ourselves that is.
While we do essentially need to receive love from others to thrive, to keep our soul at peace we need to allow ourselves to love and honor ourselves first and to live honestly with our soul.
I've either hit the nail on the end, or I'm way off. Either way, I think there's some truth in at least part of my words you'll identify with if I managed to make sense of what I'm attempting to convey.
***************************
Simply put - Oh soul, you got this!
Much love ❤
Comments
Post a Comment